- What is The Best Dice Games in 2019?
- 1. Magic the Gathering 2017 Duel Decks Mind Versus Might – Best All-Around Dice Game
- 2. Wizard Roll Family Board Game – Best Award-Winning Dice Game
- 3. Qwixx – Best Fast Playing Dice Game
- 4. SET – Best Multiple Function Dice Game
- 5. Fill or Bust – Best Family Vacation Game
- 6. Bang! The Dice Game – Best Standalone Dice Game
- 7. Giant Wooden Yard Dice Set – Best Outdoor Dice Game
- 8. Farkle – Best Family Dice Game
- 9. Martian Dice Game – Best Science Fiction Dice Game
- 10. Poppycock Family Dice Game – Best Vocal Dice Game
- Best Dice Games – 2018 Buyer’s Guide
Playing dice games with a friend or family is one thing that may make you think of quality time, togetherness, and time away from devices. You may have a favorite game from your childhood that gives you fond memories of your parents, grandparents, or siblings.
Whether you want a magic game, a traditional dice game, or something more like a board game, we feel that our list of dice games may give you some ideas for your next game day. You might even find a new favorite game for family night. You could even start a new tradition with friends that you want to keep close.
We talk about this year’s Best Dice Games 2019 in this blog giving you ideas for new options to try and ways that you might connect with those important to you.
What is The Best Dice Games in 2019?
|MTG Magic the Gathering 2017||2||Quick||13+||Normal|
|Wizard Roll Family Board Game||2-6||Quick||7+||Easy|
|SET Dice Game||1-6||20+ minutes||8-15||Extremely simple|
|Fill or Bust||2+||30-360 minutes||9+||Easy|
|LARGE DICE GAME||Any||Any||Any||Easy|
|Martian Dice Game||2+||30+ minutes||13-15||Hard|
|Poppycock Family Dice Game||2-6||20+ minutes||8+||Easy|
For decades, people felt that the gods were the ones controlling the results of the dice roll. Now, individuals use dice to impress friends, spend time with others, and enjoy a competitive round of fun.
We look at many products on the market. The following reviews are the ones we feel are the top dice games available.
1. Magic the Gathering 2017 Duel Decks Mind Versus Might – Best All-Around Dice GameDo you want a game that your children and you can play together? Are you looking for a way to spend quality time with each other instead of watching everyone mess with his or her phone all night? Magic the Gathering is a game that might help you pull your family off of the Internet and into a nice conversation.
If you want a game that appeals to young and old alike, then the Mind Versus Might MTG dice adventure may be an excellent purchase.
2. Wizard Roll Family Board Game – Best Award-Winning Dice GameDo you want a game that can bring the family together at the end of the day? Are you ready to teach your little ones how to play something other than Internet games? We think you may find the Wizard Roll Game a great choice. You can help your child gain lifelong skills with this game.
Do you want to help the development of your young children? Using gameplay may help your child’s memory and improve organizational skills. You may find that the Wizard Roll Family Board Game teaches your children valuable life lessons while they think they are just playing.
3. Qwixx – Best Fast Playing Dice GameDo you wish you had a game that fits well into your busy schedule? Do you want to spend time with family even if it is only for a few minutes? Qwixx may be a game that fits into your crazy schedule because the average session takes about 15 minutes to play. We think you might use this game as a lunchtime favorite because you and your friends can get in a game while you fuel up for the afternoon half of work.
One tip from our reviewers is to laminate the scorecards, or make copies of them when you run low. You might find that the cards are easy to order when you get near the end because of convenience, but you have several options to replenish the cards.
4. SET – Best Multiple Function Dice GameDid you know that dice are known to be as old or older than Egyptian pyramids? The dice even have similar numbering and shape pattern to modern day game cubes. Ancient societies saw the mathematical skills in playing dice, or maybe the cubes were just a fun way to pass the time.
Do you want a diverse game for your children so that they are not idle and looking to cell phones for entertainment? SET is a game we feel will help kids grow and develop mental skills without feeling like a training session.
5. Fill or Bust – Best Family Vacation GameAre you looking for a game that you can take along when you go to the cabin for the weekend? Do you want a compact board game to fit on the boat while you spend the summer afloat? Fill or Bust is one option we think you may love to keep around because it is easy to learn.
You may find that a game like Fill or Bust encourages teamwork and cooperation, so your children might gain a few skills in patience and problem-solving. Improving memory is a benefit of playing this game regularly.
6. Bang! The Dice Game – Best Standalone Dice GameWhile this game has the same story as the video game, there is no need to use the Internet to play this cube adventure. The product comes with arrow and bullet tokens. The outside of the box has a mountain scene with a cowboy and a large rifle making it easy to spot when buying.
Do you want a game that gives your family variety? Bang! gives you the ability to drag out a game or play with a large group. Large families may feel that this game is a top pick because it accommodates bigger group play and has additional game moves when more players participate.
7. Giant Wooden Yard Dice Set – Best Outdoor Dice GameDo you like to spend time outdoors with your family and friends? Do you have a backyard that may need a little spicing up? With giant wooden yard dice, you can play any dice game you want without having to stay indoors. Forget sitting at the dining room table on summer game nights. You may find that the yard dice give you the chance to get more Vitamin D and boost your mood at the same time.
When you wish for a fun game option that lets you play inside or out as well as go to barbecues or vacations, then giant dice might be a helpful option for your family. You can tote these dice anywhere you need to go whether you want to travel outdoors or you end up inside.
8. Farkle – Best Family Dice GameDo you remember the lazy, summer days playing Farkle on the porch with grandma and grandpa? Does classic gameplay sound like a fun way to get the kids off from the computer for a while? We think Farkle is just one of those dice games that you may never tire of and want to keep in your mobile home, car, vacation home, and office.
You may want a classic game that you remember playing as a kid. Farkle gives you the option to pass something down to your children and grandchildren.
9. Martian Dice Game – Best Science Fiction Dice GameIs crazy and zany your style? Do you like to play games with a little background and sustenance to give you a story to follow? The Martian Dice Game is a fun option that has a quirky tone.
The colorful package and background story make this dice game a fantastic option for families. Your family may like the abduction strategies that get members talking and laughing.
10. Poppycock Family Dice Game – Best Vocal Dice GameAre you a competitive person that gets into your gameplay with poignant shouts and loud outbursts? Poppycock gives you the chance to get loud while enjoying a few drinks with friends or when trying to impress your younger children. Enjoy an immersive game session that lets you feel like you did something more than spin a wheel or move a game piece from space to space.
When you want a game that is good for the family and for entertaining, then perhaps Poppycock Family Dice Game is an excellent choice. The versatility of the game lets you set up time with friends, family, or coworkers at a holiday party.
Best Dice Games – 2018 Buyer’s Guide
While you could fill your game cabinet with all of these dice games, we feel that you will find a couple of items from our list of Best Dice Games 2018 to put in your home. Whether you have young children or want something to play on party night with your roommate, we give you several top options to consider.
When you have young children at home, safety is the biggest priority. Most of the dice games on our list contain small parts that pose choking hazards like Bang! We suggest that unless you pick the Giant Yard Dice, that you always monitor children under the age of three when any of these dice games are out of the box.
Some of the games have stories that appeal more to a teenage audience like Fill or Bust or Bang. It is always our recommendation that you look at player age suggestions from the manufacturer before buying dice games for young children.
Some games are harder to learn than others making them more ideal for adult gameplay like Magic the Gathering. You may want to read the manufacturer’s instructions online for any game you consider purchasing to ensure that you get a game that fits the skill level of the participants. For instance, you may want to get the Martian game for family night and buy SET for couple’s night.
Do you have a specific place in mind to play games? For instance, are you planning to go hiking or camping several times this summer? If you want to spend more time outdoors, then you might want to select the giant yard dice with carrying case. If you need something small and compact to store in your backpack, then Fill or Bust could be the dice game for your family.
Many parents are big on using games to teach kids skills from problem-solving to forward thinking and more. For this gameplay, we suggest choosing options like Wizard Roll Family Dice Game and Magic the Gathering. Both games give your family practice with memorization and strategic thinking. You can help children learn everything from colors and numbers to ways to avoid rolling a number that takes them out of the game with several of our Best Dice Games.
Is all-out fun the name of the game for you and your group? If so, then you might want to add Poppycock the Family Game or Farkle to your collection. You can be competitive and loud at the same time because everyone is doing the same thing. Remember, the key is to compete and enjoy the time you have together.
To kick things up a notch, you may want to add a few different game types like Magic the Gathering, Fill or Bust, and Farkle to your game cabinet. Most of the options are very affordable allowing you to create a collection of dice games that the family can use to take on vacation, on rainy days, or when school is out for a snow day. Mixing up game styles and play options is an excellent way to keep the game day from getting boring. You may keep the kid’s attention longer when you have a mix of games to choose from on family night.
No matter whether you want to play a fun game with someone special, or you want to bring the family together; we feel that we give you several options to consider for game night. So we understand how important quality, family time is, and we think you may feel that several of our options promote a healthy gaming atmosphere.
Many of our educational picks are award winners like SET and Wizard Roll. The American Psychological Association says that games are excellent motivational tools for teaching math skills. You may find that our dice game picks are helpful tools for teaching your children math skills at any age. Our best dice games include picks for young children all the way to adulthood to give you options for every age group.
To choose the right game or games for your needs, we suggest that you think about why you want a dice game, whom you will play with, and whether you want to use the game as an education tool. You can always have a game swap with friends and share games when your family bores one option or another. You may also want to donate games with gentle use to adoption agencies and foster parents when you finish with them to share the fun. Dice games also make excellent family gifts when you have no idea what to purchase.