- What is The Best Board Games for Adults in 2019?
- 1. Gyrating Hamsters Card Game – Best Adult Game
- 2. You’ve Got Problems – Best Large Party Game
- 3. Superfight – Best Large Deck Game
- 4. Red Flags – Best Dating Game for Adults
- 5. Telestrations After Dark Board Game – Best Draw It Board Game
- 6. Photosynthesis – Best Strategy Board Game
- 7. What Do You Meme? – Best Party Game
- 8. Hot Seat – Best Combo Deal
- 9. Conspiracy Theory – Best Trivia Board Game
- 10. CoolCats & AssHats: The Funniest Adult Party Game – Best Discovery Board Game
- 11. Joking Hazard – Best Comic Strip Board Game
- Best Board Games – Buyer’s Guide
- Our final thoughts
Did you know that the guy in the Monopoly jail has a name? His name is Jake. Buzzfeed said that it once took 70 days for a group to finish up a game of Monopoly.
What is The Best Board Games for Adults in 2019?
While many board games you come across are for children, we took our time to discover the Best Board Games for Adults to play. We think that you may want to keep these games for the nights when the kids are staying over at a friend’s house or when you have a group of adults that want to have a hilarious time while the kids are off playing video games and such. Read our reviews and Buyer’s Guide below to see which of our Top Adult Board Games you may want to add to your game selection.
1. Gyrating Hamsters Card Game – Best Adult GameDo you like games that make fun of adult situations? Are you the kind of game player that thinks the party is more fun when you play with taboo subjects or unusual gameplay? If you like a game that will throw everyone a curve ball, then you may be a fan of the Gyrating Hamsters Game. The black box with bright red letters and funny hamsters is easy to spot when shopping.
Get ready for some gut-busting laughter because the Gyrating Hamsters may have you doubling over howling. You may want to play this one when the kids are already asleep for the night unless you are afraid of waking them up with the hilarious antics of your group.
2. You’ve Got Problems – Best Large Party GameIf you are a fan of Jack Dire games, then you may just be ready to scoop up this adventurous adult game. Your party may become the talk of the town when your group is playing cards. You can have as many as ten people play this hilarious backstabbing card game.
You may like this game if you are one that likes to trick your friends. The game gives you the chance to build up scenarios and get the best outcome.
3. Superfight – Best Large Deck GameDo you like to play unique games that are different every time? Do you want something that gets your friends laughing and having fun every time they hang out with you? With more than 500 cards in the deck, there are plenty of scenarios to come up with and pit against each other in Superfight.
4. Red Flags – Best Dating Game for AdultsDo you like to set your friends up with the perfect situation and get them comfortable just to swipe the rug out from under his or her feet? If you love to play tricks on your friends, then this might be the board game you want to pick up next.
If you want a gender-neutral game for playing with sensitive players or groups, then this may be the best one in our list of Best Board Games for adults for your party. Almost all of the cards are easy to play as male or female characters.
5. Telestrations After Dark Board Game – Best Draw It Board GameDo you love to play games where you draw something and everyone guesses what you are trying to make? The classic game is refreshing and fun. It comes with dry erase boards and cloth wipes that make it fast and fun to create scenes and phrases. More than 1,200 words give you the chance to create several ideas.
This choice is our favorite pick for charades-style games because it gives you the chance to get as naughty as you want when drawing the clues. Your friends may find this version is much funnier than the classic.
6. Photosynthesis – Best Strategy Board GameDo you want to find a board game that gives your brain a workout? Do you like to play games that keep everyone guessing until the very end? If you love ideas for smaller groups, then you may want this game a lot. Many people like to play this game in a group of three.
If you like games that require you to think ahead five or six moves, then you might find Photosynthesis a fun addition to your game collection. Your friends and older children can plan aggressive modes of growing and blocking each other to win the game.
7. What Do You Meme? – Best Party GameDo you need a game that will spice up your party? Do you want to bring a hit to the celebration so that your friends remember who is the fun one in the bunch? We think you just may like What Do You Meme?
We found that some game players like to add his or her own memes to the mix and create a custom game option for the group. What will your Obama meme turn out to say? Do you have the funniest comment to go with the famous faces in our top pick for Best Party Game?
8. Hot Seat – Best Combo DealDo you want the entire set of expansion packs to go with your board games? Do you like having all the options to play? Hot Seat is not for those that are afraid of dares because this game might make you tell the truth.
Do you want to know how much your friends know about you? Playing the Hot Seat might get everyone to come out of his or her shell. Be careful what you wish for with this board game. You might find yourself letting out some of your deepest secrets.
9. Conspiracy Theory – Best Trivia Board GameDo you think that this world has many hidden secrets? Are you ready to learn more about your favorite historical figures? Conspiracy Theory may be the game that gets you thinking about the truth behind your favorite mystery. This easy to spot game has a pyramid with an eye in the center of a white box with black lettering.
You may want to invite over the friends that like mysteries the most when you want to play Conspiracy Theory. This game may have you all thinking about the origin of aliens.
10. CoolCats & AssHats: The Funniest Adult Party Game – Best Discovery Board GameThe black, leopard print and the large, white letters will clue you into the fact that you have the right game. Do you think you know everything there is to know about your best pals? Do you know the likes and dislikes of your entire group? If you think you are ready to show off your skills to everyone, then this might be the game you want to purchase.
Do you like to make your friends do tricks when you are playing games? Are you ready to get into the real story of each friend? Your next party might be a lot wilder with this game to play.
11. Joking Hazard – Best Comic Strip Board GameDo you have a goal of making the best out of any situation when it comes to parties? Do you like to make your friends laugh with the most hysterical situations and comedies? Joking Hazard is our top pick for the Best Board Game with a comic strip focus.
Are you a fan of Happiness and Cyanide? Do you like comic strips? If you are a cartoon fan, then Joking Hazard may be right up your alley. We think this game is an excellent party option for large groups because the game works best with several options.
Best Board Games – Buyer’s Guide
When looking for a new board game to play with your adult friends, there may be many more choices than you think on the market. We believe these 11 of our favorite explicit party games will allow you to think about the fun you can add to your next group event. How can you choose the right one for your bunch? We cover a few ways to make the decision below.
Small group play
For more intimate settings, we suggest that you consider the board game Photosynthesis because it is not ideal for large parties. With beautiful graphics and award-winning comments, you may feel that this game is an excellent option for your next event. There are a few spelling errors on the cards, so you may want to take those out or just laugh off the way they play out in the game.
Large party settings
Games like Conspiracy Theory and What Do You Meme? are fantastic options for larger groups because they have quick turns keeping everyone from getting bored. We like the trivia questions and mystery surrounding Conspiracy Theory.
Remote playing capabilities
Coolcats & Asshats is a fun game to play with friends on Skype or other video chat sites because you have a mobile scorecard that you can use to keep track of everyone’s points. There is no need for your friends to be in the same room to play this game with you.
For adult audiences only – taking out explicit cards will not help this bunch
Telestrations and Red Flags are two of the games on our list that we feel you might want to play when the kids are staying at a friends house or grandmas for the night. These games can get pretty explicit in the drawings and descriptions of adult situations. Most of the games on our list are easy to adapt by taking out the most adult questions, but these games are not so easy to clean up. We suggest saving them for the parties were adults only come to play.
Games you can customize
Surprisingly, many of the games on our list come with cards and ideas for tailoring your content. For instance, the Hot Seat and You’ve Got Problems are two of our top game picks for adapting your gameplay. Both options allow you to use blank cards to add your own ideas. You can also switch up the cards or omit ones that you do not want to use at the time.
Our final thoughts
When selecting a board game for your next event, we think you may want to consider all of the ones we list on our Top Board Games for Adults. The ability to challenge your friends and be as politically incorrect as you want is a great way to unwind in our eyes. You may find that several of our games have options for two or more players, but some games like Joking Hazard are best when playing with at least three people.
Our goal with this review is to give you a wide range of options so that you can choose the board game that meets your needs the best. We think that college groups, millennials, and adults only parties are the best places to take the games on our list. Your friends may find that they wake up the next day with a sore stomach from all of the laughter when playing your game picks. We like to keep a few of these games in our selection because you never know when an impromptu party will break out.
Our favorite game on the entire list is a toss up between Superfight and the Gyrating Hamsters Card Game. Superfight has the most cards of all the games on our list. The best part about the game is that there are expansion packs that you can use to make the game more raunchy if you like. Gyrating Hamsters has similar attributes letting you choose expansion packs for your brainy friends or those that want to play at the highest adult level. Telestrations is another top pick for us because you can illustrate your ideas and everyone comes up with the funniest thoughts about what you are trying to draw.